Growing startup on the beach seeks experienced backend PHP developer
Tyroola is an exciting, dynamic new start-up specialising in the online retail of automotive tyres, operating from Sydney and the Sunshine Coast. Our mission is to become market-leaders in the industry through innovation, and optimisation of market processes to provide our customers with the accessibility, and value they deserve.
Our business is now expanding at pace, and we are now looking for additional individuals to grow with us.
You are a Senior PHP developer experienced in designing, developing and maintaining large-scale web applications. We're looking for a team player who loves solving problems in an agile and creative way.
Our system is built from scratch to meet the business requirements without compromise, so you should have demonstrable experience in modern PHP frameworks (Phalcon, Symfony or Yii) and their related backend services. We make use of the newest open source technologies where possible to develop best-in-class products - so be very comfortable working with and on open source software. Above all, you should share our desire to create great software!
We are looking for someone with:
- Several years experience designing, developing and maintaining complex web applications, preferably involving e-Commerce
- Strong MVC skills using a modern PHP framework (or be able to very quickly pick that up to a professional standard)
- Extensive knowledge with key value storage systems like Redis or memcached, have worked with NOSQL databases like
- MongoDB or CouchDB and have professional experience with RDMS systems like PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Good communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to self-manage
Nice to haves.
Some things we think would be good if you were also into:
- You’re keen to do TDD and BDD (e.g. PHPUnit, Codeception, Behat)
- You’re familiar with CI/CD (esp Jenkins)
- You can design and implement RESTFul APIs
- You’re using any virtualization software (e.g. VirtualBox with vagrant), experience with working with production systems
- You’re able to work and configure a LAMP stack and know the pitfalls
About The Role.
You will be supporting the IT team, development, and maintenance of the application's frontend, backend and order processing engine (our so called "State Machine").
The main focus will be the development of our e-commerce framework, which includes a highly extensible and scalable system, spread over several cloud based servers.
We implement designs under the clean code principle and make use of all the tools out there helping, measuring and tracking to improve the code quality.
Exciting projects in the coming months will be for example new white-label solutions like we did with Supercheap Auto, our international expansion and deeper integration with our offline partners.
About Our Offer.
- The role is remote
- Relaxed environment, working with a small team of dedicated, passionate individuals
- A flat hierarchy and transparency. You have a chance to directly influence the technology and business.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.